Today I am excited to announce that the blog has officially been coded with enough to make it fully functional. I just completed working the style-sheet to work with Disqus comments and I also used Firebug for Firefox to track down all of the elusive styles that apply to the comment function. I also found a little bit of help from the Disqus Wiki and it helped me to narrow in on what I was looking for.
The whole process of coding the blog took about four days of working through a tutorial on how to configure a Photoshop document into WordPress. I already had experience coding a Photoshop document into HTML and CSS, but now I have experience coding into a WordPress theme. I must give credit where credit is due and thanks to Web Designer Wall, I learned how to do this in a relatively short frame.
For those reading here, this is how I do many things with graphics and Web design. I seek out tutorials or I view the source code to look at how something was built and reverse-engineer the design.
I think it is deconstructing something to see what it is made of and attempting to replicate it is where the real pleasure lies for me. I find happiness in this kind of process.
This just leaves one more thing before I can take this portfolio Web site out of beta…the Portfolio page itself. I have a lot of my templates over on LinkedIn, so those will show up first.